Niagara Naturopathic Healthy Hormones - Virtual Appointments Available in Ontario
Hormones play a critical role in our physical and emotional well-being. They are chemical messengers in our body that regulate more than just our reproductive health. At the Naturopathic Family Practice of Niagara, we understand the big picture and the importance of balancing ALL hormones. That’s why we look at the reproductive hormones, adrenal gland function, thyroid function and how they all connect with one another.
What are common hormonal imbalances that naturopathic medicine can help with?
What are common tests that are used to assess hormonal imbalances?
- Blood tests such as FSH, LH, estrogens, progesterone, testosterone, cortisol, TSH, fT3, fT4, TPO, HbA1c, and glucose among others.
- Salivary hormone testing such as reproductive hormones and adrenal function tests.
- Urinary hormone testing that provides more in depth analysis on reproductive hormones and adrenal function tests.
What are common treatments to addressing hormone imbalances?
- Diet and lifestyle.
- Nutritional and herbal supplements.
- Desiccated thyroid hormone when indicated.